Have you ever felt like a book was good but because you weren’t in the mood to read it, it didn’t fill you up?
Well, I am a moody reader and I know that sometimes I need a book for the exact mood I’m in so I can enjoy the authors work.
This time I’m sharing my list of books to read for different moods. Disclaimer: I might’ve not mentioned one of your faves. Still… give it a try.
When I am happy, I want to read about something to keep me in that mood or to elevate the atmosphere even more. That’s when I choose something like this…
• Phyllis Bourne- A Moment on the Lips
• Christina C. Jones- Getting Schooled
• Chicki Brown- A Woman’s Worth
And times when I’m in the mood for some hot and steamy, I’ll choose one of these authors…
• Tasha L. Harrison- In Her Closet
• Aja- Breaking Her Rules
• Franchette Phal- Lick & Devour (Monster Novelette)
If you want to cuss and scream at the characters, try this list…
• Ivy Symone – The Bed You Made or Stay
• Vivian Rose Lee- In Name Only
• Love Belvin- Love’s Improbable Possibility Books 1-4
These books don’t need a mood, they fit into all of them…
• Danielle Allen- Disasters in Dating
• Synithia Williams- Full Court Seduction
• Pamela Samuels- Every Reasonable Doubt
• Nia Forrester- Coffee Date
• Sharon C Cooper – Reunited Series
• Farah Rochon- Chase Me
Looking for a new author, try this list…
• Chelsea Maria- The Colors We Make
• Michelle Mitchell- Truth Is
• Danielle Burton- Excuse Me, First Love
• Sadeqa Johnson- Love in a Carry-on Bag
I’ll keep the books coming; I’m sure you’ll find a few good reads…
Hey Sistah Girl, join our reading squad!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from the Sistah Girls Book Club.
You have Successfully Subscribed!
Sistah Girl Updates
Join our mailing list to receive the latest posts and updates from The Sistah Girl Next Door.